Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout: Lessons_OUAS January DT Layout

Hi Crafters!!!

I am soooo excited!! This is my FIRST DT project for Once Upon A Sketch!!! yayy!!! It's such a BIG honor to be on this amazing team will all the talented ladies :))

Okay, back to the "serious" business. I created this layout for the January Sketch and the theme is Lesson Learnt. This layout is very inspired by the one and only FINNABAIR. I have seen many of her layouts and I just love every each on of them. The one thing I am inspired by her in this layout is how she embellish her layouts. So I added my twist to my inspiration and here is my layout, lol.

Here is my project share video and I will go in to more details in the video:)




As you can see in this layout, I am very focused on the texture of the layout and the background. By texture, I don't only mean the raised texture like what I did with texture paste. I also mean all the stamping, patterns achieved using color mists and stencil (I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang's flat fabio and startburst), doodling, etc. The background paper is a Prima Ledger Paper Pad. The original color is quite bright but I love the ledger look. So I went over the background with a white wash. So you can still see some of the ledger prints but the bright yellow background is a lot muted.


Every piece of embellishment is treated by using gesso, texture paste, color mists, or pearl pens. Alter your embellishments can give a greater depth to the layout :)


My journaling is written around the cluster of embellishment. 


I did some doodling and stamping between the two clusters. So there are something to connect your them together and guide your eyes from one cluster to another.


Hope you like this layout. I will see you in my next post:)

Stay Creative <3
Song





No comments:

Post a Comment