Monday, April 7, 2014

Graphic 45 DT Call Final Submission

Hi Friends :)

Today I am sharing with you guys my final round submissions for Graphic 45 DT Call. I am so excited to get to the 30 finalist and it's a big big big achievement already for me. I worked really hard on this final submissions and created 3 projects. One is a fashion gazebo, one is a mixed media card, and the other one is an altered flower pot. 

I have made two videos for this submission. Part 1 is a project share video and part 2 is a tutorial on how I made the structure of the gazebo and the start-to-finish part of the mixed media card.

Video Part 1: Project Share

Video Part 2: Start-to-finish and tutorial

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fashion Gazebo:
I made this fashion gazebo from scratch from black chipboard. I used Graphic 45's french country, couture, and bird song paper for this gazebo. Since the theme is fashion gazebo, I used both girls from the bird song and couture collection on this gazebo. I made two little benches on the gazebo. To make them, I adhered craft sticks on to a piece of chipboard, then I use brown color chalk edge and watered down black paint to paint it. After they are dried, I used a little bit of blue and white to give them a more weathered look.









--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Botanical Tea Mixed Media Card:
Needless to day, botanical tea paper is GORGEOUS!! It is so perfect for mixed media projects as well. I think I need to make a mixed media project with my style in this final submission to fully represent me. So I made this mixed media card. I fussy cut some leafs and paper elements from the patterned paper. For the background, I used ton of colors and textures. All the colors I chose matches or go well with the colors in the paper collection. I used a big petaloo Botanical flower on this to make a focus point on this card. I definitely love how it turned out. Hope you like it :))




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Botanical Tea Flower Pot:

I made another project with the beautiful botanical tea paper. Since spring is here, I think why not make a spring decor? So I made this flower pot and it is just perfect to use as a decor at home. I did a ton of fussy cutting. I cut out flowers, leaves, stamps, birds, butterflies, etc. Then I adhered them on to the wood branches I got from Joann in the garden section. I could of just go gather some branches, but they don't have the look I want. These branches have the exact look I want. To keep them in places, I poured sand into the bucket. So if you want to make this flower pot useful, you can also stick your pens and pencil in there. So it's not only a decor, it's also a pen holder :))

I cut out some strips of paper from botanical tea and secret garden collection and inked the edges of each strip with chalk edges in similar colors of the strips. Then I embossed them and mod podged them onto the bucket.




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had sooo much fun making everything. I hope you like everything and thank you so much for looking :))

Love you all!
Song

No comments:

Post a Comment