Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas For Flying Unicorn

Hi Friends :)

Today I want to share a mixed media canvas I created for Flying Unicorn August KOM. The canvas is from the mixed art kit add on. The main color of this month is purple, and it really got me in love with purple now. 
I first tore some beautiful Pion Design papers that are included in the main kit this month, and collaged those paper pieces onto my canvas as background. Although I ended up cover most of it, but if you look closer at the finished canvas, whatever is showing from the paper is really adding some subtle texture to the canvas. 

Then I used modeling paste and snow paste to add texture. While they are drying, I added some ribbons to the canvas. I love the little purple flower spray in the Small Art, Big Passion add on. When I got it, I knew I would use it on this canvas :) I used some petaloo and prima flowers too. Of course it won't be complete without beautiful Flying Unicorn Metal Adornments. Every time when I start using metal embellishments, I always have to remind myself to stop because I can just keep adding them. I gessoed these metal pieces a little and applied the same colors on them as I used for the background. 


Here is the tutorial on how I made the canvas, enjoy :)






Thank you so much for looking :)

Song <3

No comments:

Post a Comment